This Policy was last reviewed and updated on: [August 2022]
Lerazo values and respects the privacy of the people we deal with. Lerazo is committed to protecting your privacy and complying with the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth) (Privacy Act) and other applicable privacy laws and regulations.
What is personal information?
“Personal information” means any information or opinion, whether true or not, and whether recorded in a material form or not, about an identified individual or an individual who is reasonably identifiable. In general terms, this includes information or an opinion that personally identifies you either directly (e.g. your name) or indirectly.
What personal information do we collect?
The personal information we collect about you depends on the nature of your dealings with us or what you choose to share with us.
The personal information we collect about you may include:
- Phone number
- Email address
- Usage Data
You do not have to provide us with your personal information. Where possible, we will give you the option to interact with us anonymously or by using a pseudonym. However, if you choose to deal with us in this way or choose not to provide us with your personal information, we may not be able to provide you with our services or otherwise interact with you.
How do we collect your personal information?
We collect your personal information directly from you when you:
- interact with us over the phone,
- interact with us online,
- subscribe to our mailing list
Collecting personal information from third parties
We may also collect your personal information from third parties or through publicly available sources. We collect your personal information from these third parties so that we can tailor our services and serve better.
How do we use your personal information?
We use personal information for many purposes in connection with our functions and activities, including the following purposes:
- provide you with information or services that you request from us,
- deliver to you a more personalised experience and service offering,
- improve the quality of the services we offer,
- internal administrative purposes,
- marketing and research purposes
Disclosure of personal information to third parties
We may disclose your personal information to third parties in accordance with this Policy in circumstances where you would reasonably expect us to disclose your information. For example, we may disclose your personal information to:
- Our IT providers,
- Our marketing providers
Transfer of personal information overseas
Some of the third-party service providers we disclose personal information to may be based in or have servers located outside of Canada.
Where we disclose your personal information to third parties overseas, we will take reasonable steps to ensure that data security and appropriate privacy practices are maintained. We will only disclose to overseas third parties if:
- You have given us your consent to disclose personal information to that third party; or we reasonably believe that: the overseas recipient is subject to a law or binding scheme that is, overall, substantially similar to the APPs; and the law or binding scheme can be enforced; or the disclosure is required or authorised by an Canadian law or court / tribunal order.
How do we protect your personal information?
Lerazo will take reasonable steps to ensure that the personal information that we hold about you is kept confidential and secure, including by:
- having a robust physical security of our premises and databases / records,
- taking measures to restrict access to only personnel who need that personal information to effectively
- provide services to you
- having technological measures in place (for example anti-virus software, fire walls)
Our website uses Google Analytics to help us better understand visitor traffic, so we can improve our services. Although this data is mostly anonymous, it is possible that under certain circumstances, we may connect it to you.
We may send you direct marketing communications and information about our services, opportunities, or events that we consider may be of interest to you if you have requested or consented to receive such communications. These communications may be sent in various forms, including mail, SMS, fax and email, in accordance with applicable marketing laws. You consent to us sending you those direct marketing communications by any of those methods. If you indicate a preference for a method of communication, we will endeavour to use that method whenever practical to do so. You may opt-out of receiving marketing communications from us at any time by [following the instructions to “unsubscribe” set out in the relevant communication] / [contacting us using the details set out in the “How to contact us” section below].
In addition, we may also use your personal information or disclose your personal information to third parties for the purposes of advertising, including online behavioural advertising, website personalisation, and to provide targeted or retargeted advertising content to you (including through third party websites).
Retention of personal information
We will not keep your personal information for longer than we need to. In most cases, this means that we will only retain your personal information for the duration of your relationship with us unless we are required to retain your personal information to comply with applicable laws, for example record-keeping obligations.
How to access and correct your personal information
Lerazo will endeavour to keep your personal information accurate, complete and up to date. If you wish to make a request to access and / or correct the personal information we hold about you, you should make a request by contacting us and we will usually respond within 15 days.
Links to third party sites
Lerazo’s website(s) may contain links to websites operated by third parties. If you access a third party website through our website(s), personal information may be collected by that third party website. We make no representations or warranties in relation to the privacy practices of any third party provider or website and we are not responsible for the privacy policies or the content of any third party provider or website. Third party
providers / websites are responsible for informing you about their own privacy practices and we encourage you to read their privacy policies.
Inquiries and complaints
For complaints about how Lerazo handles, processes or manages your personal information, please contact us. Note we may require proof of your identity and full details of your request before we can process your complaint.
Please allow up to 15 days for Lerazo to respond to your complaint. It will not always be possible to resolve a complaint to everyone’s satisfaction. If you are not satisfied with Lerazo’s response to a complaint, you have the right to contact legal offices to lodge a complaint.
How to contact us
If you have a question or concern in relation to our handling of your personal information or this Policy, you can contact us for assistance as follows:
Address: 4861 Delta St, Delta, BC V4K 2T9 CANADA
- Personal Data (or Data): Any information that directly, indirectly, or in connection with other information — including a personal identification number — allows for the identification or identifiability of a natural person.
- Usage Data: Information collected automatically through this Website (or third-party services employed in this Website), which can include: the IP addresses or domain names of the computers utilized by the Users who use this Website, the URI addresses (Uniform Resource Identifier), the time of the request, the method utilized to submit the request to the server, the size of the file received in response, the numerical code indicating the status of the server’s answer (successful outcome, error, etc.), the country of origin, the features of the browser and the operating system utilized by the User, the various time details per visit (e.g., the time spent on each page within the Website) and the details about the path followed within the Website with special reference to the sequence of pages visited, and other parameters about the device operating system and/or the User’s IT environment.
- User: The individual using this Website who, unless otherwise specified, coincides with the Data Subject.
- Data Subject: The natural person to whom the Personal Data refers.
- Data Controller (or Owner): The natural or legal person, public authority, agency or other body which, alone or jointly with others, determines the purposes and means of the processing of Personal Data, including the security measures concerning the operation and use of this Website. The Data Controller, unless otherwise specified, is the Owner of this Website.
- This Website: The means by which the Personal Data of the User is collected and processed.
- Service: The service provided by this Website as described in the relative terms (if available) and on this site/Website.
- European Union (or EU): Unless otherwise specified, all references made within this document to the European Union include all current member states to the European Union and the European Economic Area.
- Cookie: Cookies are Trackers consisting of small sets of data stored in the User’s browser.
- Tracker: Tracker indicates any technology – e.g Cookies, unique identifiers, web beacons, embedded scripts, e-tags and fingerprinting – that enables the tracking of Users, for example by accessing or storing information on the User’s device.